Saturday, 19 October 2013

Exploratory Stage : REVIEW

I have found the past six weeks to be challenging, intriguing, exciting and most of all inspiring. I came into the course with a narrow mind thinking that as a student with a love for architecture, subjects like lens based media and fashion would not appeal to me at all; I was incredibly mistaken. I think that amongst the many things that these weeks have taught me, the most important is the fact that art is art, and different fields all intertwine within one another in some way or form. Although I enjoy creating structures, I become too precious over my final products, the crits and group assignments have made me realise that creativity is a gradual process and it takes many outcomes to come to a conclusion. The crits have also helped me open p about my ideas a lot more as well, instead of shying away various thoughts and ideas I am now able to take on constructive criticism and use it to an advantage. Out of all the pathway weeks, I found 3DD the most captivating as it combined all the different pathways together in small ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment