Creating these structures at first was tricky, Due to the previous planning and sketches I had made, I spent a majority of my time focusing on trying to create a structure which was identical in form. Later on I realised this was a mistake as what I drew on paper, and it's 3D counterpart would not work as well. I decided to go at it a different way, I started creating as many geometric shapes as possible (keeping in mind the size I was aiming for) and then used a glue gun again to attach them all together. This helped me realise that although planning is helpful, when creating the actual outcome things don't always go actually to plan. When photographing the structures I found it really captivating how the shadows and their sizes played together, so I moved the structure into different positions to try and crate different shapes of shadows. I found the light was also in it's own way another source of experimentation.
After completing successful structures which held the three balls on different planes, we used paper and card to support the inner structures as they were going to be broken. The aim was to see which structure would maintain it's form. For this task, I realized it was not only the paper which played a part but also the thickness of my model. In future I would use more sticks stuck together to create a more sturdy and durable structure.








No comments:
Post a Comment