Sunday, 8 September 2013

Observational / Experimental Drawing




After I carefully selected my 10 objects (6 from my past and 4 from my present) I sketched and tried to imprint details from each of them to collect the natural marks and texture each one had. 

I found this a lot harder to do than normal sketching as I had to rely on memory and my other sense to guide me instead of just my eyes. I think the second half of my page was more successful than my first because that is when I really started to get a hand of just drawing with my hands and not relying on my eyes as much, I think it looks a lot more interesting and expressive, whereas the first half looks more subtle and some what ordinary. This task has helped me to feed into my subconscious as for the most part I wasn't really concentrating on making a perfect drawing or thinking about it, I was just make marks that felt right. In the future I will be working like this a lot more as it helps generate ideas because the marks are so vague. It also allowed me to work a lot faster so I was able to keep track on time and finish as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment