Saturday, 28 September 2013

Poster Design : Illustrator

Using Adobe Illustrator I designed a logo for my previous image made on photoshop. I had never worked with Illustrator before so getting used to the tools and how everything works was quite difficult. After making five experimental logos, I used a circle shape and created text on the path of that, then used the star and rectangle shape tools to create a combined shape in the middle - this is my final logo version. I used the white arrow and modified various corners of the text to make it more creative and interesting because I felt the writing on it's own was quite mundane. I don't think my logo was fully successful but I think it was a good first attempt because to me it seems quite dull and not eye catching enough to be an official logo. 

If I were to improve this, I would use a more bolder shade of yellow or perhaps a brighter colour, also I would change the original shape I used to creating the text path on as a circle is quite overused and doesn't seem very original. 

Despite the negative points I found, I think the logo is simple and easy to remember, which fits the purpose of a logo well.

No comments:

Post a Comment