Final Model
Authors Own, 2014
Authors Own, 2014 Authors Own, 2014
Authors own, 2014
I am pleased with my final model. It clearly portrays my experimentations and provides a uncommon view of a religious building.
I think the parts that worked the best are the roof and the add on area. I added extra detail to the roof as this makes the Om symbol stand out, also when I was cutting the perforated card, the bottom structure caused a lot of problems in terms of staying in one place and not falling apart, so the card became too small for the structure. I used the wooden sticks to cover the lines were I cut the card to attach it together. I used wooden sticks as this helped link the bottom and top structure together due to the similarity in material.
The part which did not work so well was the walls of the structure. I used plywood thinking as it was a light material it would cut and bend easily. Although it wasn't much of a problem bending the material, cutting it was extremely difficult. My initial aim was to cut it on the laser cutter but due to the number of people in line for it I was not able to do so. I cut each strip of plywood with a Stanley knife so although the edges are straight, some are slightly rough. Next time I would opt for Balsa wood instead and keep sand paper handy.
REAL LIFE MATERIALS
In a real life situation, the roof would definitely be made out of iridescent blue acrylic panels with a lighting system installed below it similarly to The Kunsthaus Graz by Peter Cook and Colin Fournier. During the day the light from the inside would glow outside and the suns rays would enter the temple halls, but during the night the roof would glow. In a real life situation the panelling on the roof I made for my final piece would not work well I think as it would becoming too much to take in and look more tacky than spiritual.

(Crab Studio, 2003)


No comments:
Post a Comment