Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Week Six: Day Three

After finding a design for the roof, I started looking for a pattern which would similarly compliment the exterior walls. As I already had the floor plan of my design I worked with that and created repetitive structures which would fit well into it.
(Authors Own, 2014)















(Authors Own, 2014)
After some experimentation, I found that a combination of these two models would work well as it the curved element would compliment the overall shape of the temple.

 
(Authors Own, 2014)
 I tried to combine the two in the most simple way that I could, a steel rod spiralling around so that the development options would be varied. I gradually got to this result. The lines really emphasise a sense of growth and on going movement with the structure which is significant as religion is an influence which has similarly developed over the years.



(Authors Own, 2014)                                               


(Architizer, 2012)
I came to the conclusion of layering the exterior, this keeps the structure simple and natural but also lets it carry some aesthetic quality. This repetitive effect also has a very comforting and 'known' feeling to it so the devotees will feel safe and relaxed, therefore adding to the function of the Temple.




No comments:

Post a Comment