
Minimal Complexity Installation
Vlad Tenu
This installation
stands out the most due to it’s aesthetic appeal and beauty. Similar to my
previous model it clearly shows a sense of growth and movement but in a less
geometric form. The curves go back to my first model, reflecting the natural
aspect of it. The repetition s is effective and flows together well, showing a
sense of familiarity within the structure itself.

(Authors Own, 2014)
I tried to use a similar technique of unveiling the inside through the outside of the model. To do this I used an orange plastic hatched material, which I weaved wire into. The background is a complementary colour to orange; blue. With this I started thinking about the types of colours I could use that would allow the inside to stand out more. Although it is constructed into a random shape, it follows a branch like pattern well.
I tried to use a similar technique of unveiling the inside through the outside of the model. To do this I used an orange plastic hatched material, which I weaved wire into. The background is a complementary colour to orange; blue. With this I started thinking about the types of colours I could use that would allow the inside to stand out more. Although it is constructed into a random shape, it follows a branch like pattern well.
I used black net and
a smaller amount of wires to recreate the same model. I felt the gaps and space
between the components in the net reflected my first model in a similar way. I
used less wires but weaved them in closer to the net’s outer surface to show
what it would be like in the actual model if the inner construction was visible
through the outside.
I laid both models
side by side, trying to find a unison within the two to put them together and
how they could work together to provide a space suitable for a temple.
To see how the form could meet the function.



No comments:
Post a Comment