Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Week Six: Day Two



(Authors Own, 2014)

(Architizer)
(Authors Own, 2014)
Using the idea of growth like I have been throughout my project I created some structures and shapes on google sketchup. All of these elements would work well over the temple but after making some of these models I have realised, overlapping the rood with more material would reduce the light and natural atmosphere the client is looking for. Instead, I need to find a more simple and less piled on approach for the aesthetics. 


(Authors Own, 2014)
This is my most successful model so far. It subtly contrasts both the geometric and organic elements creating a bond between the two. From my previous research I know that lights work really well when there is interruption in front of it, e.g. the green wire lines. This will cast spontaneous shadows, which can be perceived in various different ways.



From my previous model I realised perforated card would be the best option for the roof of the temple.
(Wikipedia, 2014)
It has a repeated series of small cut out circles throughout the entire sheet, these circles will let light in and out depending on the intensity of the light on both sides (inside and outside). Also, referring back to my project proposal, it exposes elements of the interior of the temple : this is good as a place of worship is private so it contrasts with the function.
The areas between which are blocked off with cause interruptions for the light as well, which will produce interesting results.

No comments:

Post a Comment